Accounts Receivable Process FAQs
This list reflects answers to frequently asked questions regarding the Accounts Receivable process in effect beginning May 1, 2016.
1. Can we change who receives the First Demand letter?
2. Who receives the 30 day/60 day notices? Do other entities sharing the same Tax Identification Number (TIN) receive a letter?
3. What is the title of the initial letter being sent?
4. How often will providers be sent these letters?
5. What is the title of the past due letters?
6. Does the letter include amounts from all payers?
7. Can payment be made before recoupments occur?
8. How do we make out a check (address, NPIs listed, etc.)?
9. How do you know which AR we are paying off?
10. I received a letter stating that I owed money but I will not have enough funds on this check write to cover the amount owed. How will the remaining amount owed be reconciled? Will funds be taken over multiple checks writes or all in one?
11. How are the letters being sent?
12. How can I determine the relation to an Accounts Receivable balance looking at the RA?
13. Will all NPI’s under the same TIN be subject to recoupment?
14. My RA shows the system took funds this check writer for a receivable I don’t recognize. How can I determine which NPI caused my funds to be taken?
15. Is there a way we can determine if our company is subject to another’s debt?
16. The practice is no longer “open,” do I still have to pay?
17. We are suspended due to our sister company having an AR balance, how do we become active again?
18. I never received a notice letter. Can these letters be re-sent?
19. We did not receive letter, and now my Health plan is suspended due to an undeliverable address.
20. Based on the letter I received, my TIN is not correct. How do I update it? Do I still owe?
21. If a doctor no longer works with our company does our organization owe? What should be done with the demand letter if my company no longer employs the rendering provider?
22. I have a small outstanding AR balance for NC Health Choice, but the system is still paying my Medicaid claims to me each week. Why wasn’t this AR collected from the Medicaid funds?
23. Now that NCTracks commences collection on new ARs the subsequent checkwrite, will I still be at risk for penalty and interest?