Colleton Billing believes the first and primary purpose of Emergency Medical Services is to provide care for the citizens and protect their well-being.
- We work with each county individually to set the policy for billing patients. We allow the county to set terms and we implement their policy in the interaction with county patients.
- We also believe that patient pay accounts can often be a sensitive and political issue for the county government. With that in mind, our representatives are trained to treat all patients with respect and to work with the patient to find workable solutions to patient pay and copayment balances.
- We have developed software to assist with long and short-term monthly billing for patients that cannot satisfy a balance all at once. We will work with patients to implement a plan that will not burden the patient but allow them to handle their obligation with dignity.
- Reports of these accounts are sent to the county on a monthly basis at the end of each month. Likewise, the information is always available online to the county.
- If the county desires, we will place all data relevant to the delinquent account in an electronic format and send this information to a collection company.
- All patients can contact Colleton at an 800 line dedicated to patients. A billing clerk will be assigned the account and will answer all inquiries for any county patient.
- Colleton maintains a 48-hour mail and 4-hour fax response time for any qualified individual who requests invoices from our company. Colleton takes HIPPA and patient information seriously and will only provide the information when presented with the appropriate paperwork.